Ola's Bhavish Aggarwal on Tata Nexon EV fire


After a Tata Nexon EV caught fire, Ola’s Bhavish Aggarwal was quick to make a point. The Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal said that electric vehicle fires will happen. He quoted a video of the burning Tata Nexon EV and shared it on a social media platform.

Bhavish Aggarwal’s Ola was under fire because of an Ola S1 Pro scooter catching fire. Also, many customers complained about quality-related issues with the new scooter. After a spree of electric scooters catching fire in India, a Tata Nexon EV caught fire in Mumbai, Maharashtra.

The remarks from Bhavish Aggarwal were his response to the criticism he received because of the customer complaints and a fire incident involving the Ola Electric S1 Pro.

He wrote that electric vehicles catching fire is not uncommon and a few of them have been reported globally too. He also maintains that such incidents are much rarer in electric vehicles compared to ICE vehicles.

The Indian government asked the DRDO agency to investigate the scooter fires and come up with solutions to reduce such incidents.  Electric car fires have been rare in India. In fact, this is the first-ever Tata Nexon EV to catch fire in India.

Tata Motors shared an official statement

Electric Vehicle fires will happen: Ola’s Bhavish Aggarwal after Tata Nexon EV fire

The vehicle was parked outside a restaurant in Mumbai’s West Vasai area. Cops and fire tenders were on the spot to regulate the fire and bring the raging fire erupting from the vehicle under control. The fire tenders controlled the enraging fire but the exact reason for the Nexon EV catching fire remains unknown.

Following the incident, Tata Motors shared an official statement. The company said,

“A detailed investigation is currently being conducted to ascertain the facts of the recent isolated thermal incident that is doing the rounds on social media. We will share a detailed response after our complete investigation. We remain committed to the safety of our vehicles and their users.  This is the first incident after more than 30,000 EVs have cumulatively covered over 100 million km across the country in nearly 4 years.”

Tata is yet to find out the exact reason for the fire, it should be noted that the Tata Nexon EV remains the best-selling electric car in India. There can be various reasons behind the fire. It includes short-circuiting, problems with the battery management system, and overcharging are the only few reasons. In the past, we have seen a number of electric scooters from different brands catching fire on the roads.


Source link